This is a one-day course which is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). It is designed for people at any level, in any sector, to gain an understanding and awareness of their health and safety responsibilities. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ and this course offers exactly that.
Duration: 1 days - 09:00 to 17:00.
• Understand the importance of working safely and the potential outcomes if they fail to do so
• Learn how to identify risks and hazards
• Understand the importance of risk assessments
• Understand the importance of a health & safety management system
• Understand the importance of emergency plans and procedures and how to report incidents
Certification: Delegates who reach the required standard in the multi format assessment and hazard marking exercise will be awarded the IOSH Working Safely Certificate.
Suitability: The course is open to all staff at the College but places are allocated following consultation with departmental/school safety coordinators or line managers.