This course will provide a refresher on the skills required to carry out a hazardous substances risk assessment, in order to carry out a thorough risk assessment in line with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR) and UK environmental legislation.
A workshop based refresher exercise will be conducted on different hazards (physical, health and environmental), the risks involved, and the appropriate health and safety control measures to put in place for safe working. This refresher course is based on Health & Safety Executive’s ‘five steps for risk assessment’ and the COSHH ‘Hierarchy of Control’ of hazardous substances.
Objectives: Participants will be able to refresh their knowledge of
• The types of hazards (hazardous substances) and note legislation covered by this course
• Hazards that arise from an experimental process
• Interpreting safety data sheets
• How to carry out a hazardous substance risk assessment
• Appropriate controls for hazards to minimise risk
• The hierarchy of control
• Reviewing a hazardous substance risk assessment
• The hazards of, and controls for asphyxiants
Duration: 1.5 hours
For further information please contact [email protected]
Please make sure that your place on the course has been confirmed before you make a payment.