This course will provide an introduction to the requirements for working with Genetically Modified (Micro) Organisms (GMMO / GMO’s) in the contained laboratory setting. The topics covered include: the principles and legislative requirements of a GM risk assessment (using QMUL GM risk assessment templates), identifying GMMO / GMO hazards and risks to humans and the environment, establishing correct Containment level for the work and the notification process internally within QMUL and externally to the Regulatory Authority.
• Know the hazards and risks arising from working with GMO / GMMO’s
• Understand the GM Containment Level requirements
• Know the measures required to contain GMO / GMMO’s from start of work through to waste disposal and storage
• Be aware of relevant legislation underpinning GM work
• Be able to conduct a risk assessment of their GM work
• Be aware of the notification process for GM work
Duration: 2 hours
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure that your place on the course has been confirmed before you make a payment.