This course gives an in depth of the legal requirements for laboratory work and facility design features for high hazard pathogen work (at ACDP Containment Level 3, CL3). The course will identify operational practices, safety management principles and practices, which enable safe working. The course presenter will provide short talks on the topics, which will be interspersed with small group exercises.
• Understand the relevant legislation underpinning high hazard pathogen laboratory work
• Understand the safety practices for high hazard pathogen laboratory work
• Understand the design and operation of safety critical features in the containment facility
• Understand and gain information to plan and implement safety management procedures, including emergency protocols for a facility
• Be able to conduct a risk assessment of work according to the relevant legislation and guidance
Duration: 6 hours (1 day)