Hi, you are logged in as , if you are not , please click here

Replacement Student ID Card




Replacement Student ID Card (not available to undergraduate medicine and dentistry students)

Replacement Queen Mary student id cards can now be paid for on-line.

If you have lost your student id card and are in attendance you need to pay the £15 replacement fee. Once you have paid online simply go to the relevant office* with a form of identification such as your passport, driver’s licence or bank card to get your new id card printed.

For more information see below;



Detailed Description

Undergraduate (UG) medicine and dentistry students: please note this payment option is not available to you.  Please go to The Student Office (Garrod Building, Turner Street, Whitechapel campus) to pay for and get a replacement student id card.

Taught undergraduate and postgraduate students (not including UG medicine and dentistry) – please go to the Student Enquiry Centre. 

Research degree students (i.e. PhD, MPhil, MD(Res))please go to the Research Degrees Office.

Office directions:

Student Enquiry Centre is based on the ground floor, Queen’s Building, Mile End Campus and is open Monday – Friday 9am - 4.30pm.


You do not need to pay for a replacement student id card if:

1. Your id card has expired - If your card has expired and you are in attendance, bring the old card to the relevant office and they will produce a new one for you free of charge.

2. Your id card was stolen - If your card was stolen you do not need to pay the replacement fee charge, just visit the relevant office with a form of id and show the staff member your crime reference number and a new card will be produced for you. Please note, if you fail to show your crime reference number you will have to pay the £15 charge.

3. Your id card has stopped working - Take your card to the relevant office and they will check it against your record and advise you what to do next.

4. You are resitting out of attendance (taught students only) – Once you have registered for your resit exams you are entitled to request a new ID card free of charge.  You cannot get one until you have registered for your resit exams however.