This course will provide detailed look into the selection of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for laboratory tasks and activities. The safety principles to be followed under the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations for the selection (including the criteria for a suitable risk assessment and requirements for provision), use (including limitations for protection, correct use and compatibility with substances and tasks), maintenance (including storage, defects, cleaning), and final disposal of PPE will be identified.
The standards applicable to specific laboratory personal protective equipment such as laboratory coats, hand /arm protection (e.g. gloves), eye / face protection and respiratory protection will be explored.
• Know the safety principles behind the selection of PPE and the regulations that govern selection and use of PPE
• Understand the limitations of PPE for protection in the laboratory
• Understand the criteria for correct use, maintenance, storage and disposal
• Be aware of relevant standards applicable for laboratory PPE
• Be able to conduct a risk assessment to select the correct PPE for their laboratory work
Duration: 2 hours
For further information please contact [email protected]
Please make sure that your place on the course has been confirmed before you make a payment