This course intends to educate non-research staff on the hazards found in laboratories and how to respond to them in the case of an emergency/accident.
Objectives: At the end of the session participants should be able to:
• Recognise a laboratory and be aware that each one is unique
• Recognise the hazards/controls before entering a laboratory
• Recognise laboratories where supervision/further instructions are required before entering
• Identify how hazardous material can enter the body
• Describe types of emergencies and what to do in an emergency
• Recognise how your work activities can impact the laboratory
Suitability: For non-academic staff from QMUL Professional Services departments who enter the laboratory environment for various duties (e.g. maintenance, transport of packages, goods and waste, installation of equipment and services and security patrols).
Duration: 2 hours
For further information please contact [email protected]
Please make sure that your place on the course has been confirmed before you make a payment.