This course will provide a detailed look into the decontamination and sterilisation of biologically hazardous materials (clinical samples, pathogens, Genetically Modified (GM) Agents) and equipment / devices that may be used with these materials.
The safety principles and requirements to inactivate different biologically hazardous materials under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations and GM (Contained Use) Regulations will be detailed.
• Know the safety principles and requirements for decontamination and sterilisation for laboratory work
• Understand the applications of decontamination and sterilisation methods
• Understand the criteria for correct use of decontaminating agents such as disinfectants
• Understand the criteria for correct use of sterilisation methods
• Be able to conduct a risk assessment to select the best method of inactivation for biologically hazardous materials used in their work.
Duration: 2 hours
Please make sure that your place on the course has been confirmed before you make a payment.
For any queries email email@example.com